Weekly Update - 2018/09/30

Week In Review

Pandemic Legacy Season 2

We completed the November and December missions of Pandemic Legacy Season 2 during the first half of each month.  Out final score was 864, which put us into the best outcome category, and also a quick examination of BGG indicates that we even did very well compared to other gamers.  Spoiler free overall impressions of the game: Some people preferred the story of Season 1, but everyone enjoyed the new mechanics of the game, and we all had a good time with it.  I can definitely see how the game could spiral out of control if you were making different choices, but we were fortunate to not have to deal with that issue.

We haven't decided 100%, but probably our next game will be Betrayal Legacy, which is currently due out in November.

Gloomhaven

We completed Scenario 8 and Side Quest scenario 63.  Won both times, though the side quest was more challenging for us than Scenario 8.  I reached level 3 with my Mindthief, but I was not blown away by either level 3 cards.  I was excited to remove 4 of the -1's from my damage deck however.

Menoth

Progress continues on the Menoth mystery box, albeit slowly.  I did not devote much time to this during the week, but got an Exemplar Cinerator built, and did a bit on the battle box.  It is easier now that I have learned that I should be using super glue instead of plastic glue.


Priming

I primed my 6 Harlequin Players, so they are ready for me to start painting!  I still need to pick up a palette or two from Michael's, which I will probably try to do sometime this week.


Spotlight: Arkham Horror

We have been making our way through the Path to Carcosa.  I was initially intrigued to play Lola Hayes, primarily because I heard there was something special about her in the beginning scenarios.  After a couple plays though, I found her difficult to do anything with, be it searching, fighting, or evading.  I hadn't incurred any trauma with Lola, and she was bringing down the team.  So I switched one for one with one of my favorite investigators: Roland Banks.  Here is my decklist at the end of Scenario 5.

Roland Banks  -  1 Mental Trauma

Assets
1x Roland's .38 Special (Core Set)
1x .45 Automatic (Core Set)
2x Machete (Core Set)
2x Police Badge [2] (Core Set)
2x Beat Cop [2] (Core Set)
2x Art Student (The Essex County Express)
2x Charisma [3] (The Essex County Express)
1x Dr. William T. Maleson:Working on Something Big (Lost in Time and Space)
1x Fieldwork (The Path to Carcosa)

Events
2x Emergency Cache (Core Set)
2x Shortcut (The Dunwich Legacy)
1x Prepared for the Worst (Blood on the Altar)
1x Moment of Respite [3] (Where Doom Awaits)
2x Calling in Favors (The Unspeakable Oath)
2x Logical Reasoning (A Phantom of Truth)

Skills
2x Vicious Blow (Core Set)
2x Guts (Core Set)
2x Overpower (Core Set)
2x Inquiring Mind (Undimensioned and Unseen)
1x Eureka! (The Pallid Mask)

Treacheries
1x Cover Up (Core Set)
1x Lost Soul (A Phantom of Truth)

Enemy
1x Stubborn Detective (Core Set)


This deck is Ally focused (2x Charisma, 5 Allies, 2 Calling in Favors), and packs Moment of Respite and Logical Reasoning to mitigate horror damage, which will be even more important as Roland has already taken a Mental Trauma.

The rest of the build is all about killing enemies and getting free clues.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Update - 2018/10/21

Weekly Update - 2018/10/14

Weekly Update - 2018/10/07