Weekly Update - 2018/10/07

Week In Review

Gaming

Basically none.  I did start a game of Defenders of the Realm with a distant friend on Tabletop Simulator, but that is the extent of my gaming this week.


Menoth

Lots of progress with assembly here.  Completed assembling Exemplar Cinerators and Starter Box.  Started assembly of Guardian/Indictor kit, which I plan to magnetize.  The only remaining pack from the mystery box is the Colossal box.


Harlequins

I did start looking at painting these guys.  I am going to be mostly following the GW guide for painting the first mini, which if you're interested can be found here: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospUJu2L2fA 

So most of what I've done so far is get my painting set up prepared - found my brushes, arranged and organized my paints, and discovered I don't have all the paints I will need yet.  I did apply a quick undercoat of Abaddon Black on top of the Chaos Black spray primer, and I've started painting a couple sections with the blue base coat for the pattern.


Sentinels of the Multiverse: Oblivaeon

I received my shipment for Oblivaeon including the Collector's box.  I need to decide what card sleeves I am going to use for my collection - currently leaning towards Mayday sleeves - the typical sleeves I use are probably too thick for the collector's box.  More research required.

Spotlight: Warhammer 40k and Kill Team

OK.  I can't explain it.  I don't know how it happened.  But somehow in the last year I went from 0 modelling to a good amount of modelling, and from swearing I'd never look at GW product again, to literally having a wishlist full of GW stuff.  I've got the paints busted out.  I want to try more advanced green stuff work, even though I don't really know what I'm doing.  

This all leads me to thinking about the Warhammer 40k faction that I've always loved.  Wait for it:

Thousand Sons.

Now I know what you're thinking, something along the lines of: But you have Necrons and Space Marines and no Thousand Sons.  But there is a lot of opportunity to make some excellent models, and I've always loved the way they looked.  Without further ado, this is the 500 point list that I may start with if I actually decide to go for it.

Ahriman
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
10 Cultists
10 Cultists
10 Tzaangors


This list will give me a great opportunity to convert the Daemon Prince and Cultists, because the base sculpts for those models are neither particularly good nor particularly tzeentchey.

So we'll see if it turns out, but that's a tentative plan.

Also, Magnus did nothing wrong.

Comments

  1. Not gonna lie, I love me some Thousand Sons.

    It is amazing that we are buying GW stuff again, after all these years. Makes me feel young again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Update - 2018/10/21

Weekly Update - 2018/10/14